Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mengistu the red

Yesterday I read in the news that Ethiopia's Supreme Court Mengistu sentenced former ruler Mengistu Haile Mariam to death in absentia for his role in the Red Terror. I really laughed because this is the first time I read something about Mengistu.Pardon my ignorance but I only hear his name when my family brought up the famous funny presidential moments of President Sadat.

President Sadat used to refer to Mengistu as red Mengistu due to his Marxist beliefs. President Sadat used to attack him a lot.

Anyhow putting a side the nickname given to him , I think red is not only symbol of Marxism but for blood in his case.

The sad thing in the red terror is that it is not the Mass murder operation in Africa ,it is repeated over and over.

Just FYI I believe that we should pay attention to Ethiopia after all it is from our national security to secure the Nile ,already Mohamed Ali Pasha and his grand son Ismail pasha understood that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.